Friday, May 27, 2011

Tuesday, May 24

We spent an extended amount of time today washing sand for the morning for the water filter. What surprised me is what a large following our group got as youth from the area were all interested in helping out with washing sand. It took nearly 3 hours to wash sand. When washing sand for the water filter, it is necessary that the water in the sand must become completely clear. This process was most tiring even with the help of the local youth including Warren, a 21 year old soccer player who has recently began hanging around LOH since my arrival.

The lord today also provided a few opportunities for us to have a few meetings with area officials including a local college official who may allow LOH to hold a basketball clinic. While I'm def. not the most qualified basketball instructor for a team in the US by any means, basketball is quite a new sport to Zambia, which has allowed me to coach a lot of the local youth on the sport including my host brother Jospeh, who as I have mentoined looks a lot like Miami Heat power forward Chris Bosh.

Our bible study tonight also was most enlightening. I think what I have found the most amazing at my time in Zambia has been the immense amount of spiritual support that has came from different corners of this organization. one inidvidual I have really grown to appreciate has been pastor Kris, a pastor currently serving in Mozambique. He is currently serving there, but was visiting pastor Stranter Phiri. His testimony of faith and understanding has truly been one of incredible enlightment as he preached on Matthew 24:14, when I have more time I will write his full inspiration out from the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment