Monday, May 16, 2011

May 12

These posts were written on Monday May 16 in Lusaka but were kept as a
journal on May 12.

We arrived at Light of Hope today via taxi and were greeted by John
Shawa. Most of the day was spent going over the potential program that
we had described via e-mail. What really surprised me as we went
around the compound was how much of an impact God allowed me to make
as two full years have passed since we've been together. It's only by
God's grace that these changes have been made.

Last time my host brother Joseph was a very lukewam christian and was
struggling to find a hobby as he didn't like soccer. I introduced him
into Basketball, and since then he has become like a Chris Bosh. The
ball I gave him he has taken great care of, he's even built a
basketball hoop out of wood and a cardboard box. More importantly
however, his faith has caught fire, and he tries to read the word at
least an hour a day.

Warren, a fellow soccer player introduced me to his girlfriend and
claimed he was trying to become more pure and draw closer to god.
When we were packing up the stuff, we found a giant list on the wall
left by the Zambians that stated "20 day countdown to when Sam and
Bianca Arrive" It was quite the site to see how much they loooked
forward to us coming. Mr. Shawa himself told me that he thought we had
forgotten him, but this time, we had really came in with a bang. I
told him this bang was only the power of God and nothing more.

At around 7 that night we met to talk about organizations and
potential projects in cluding water sanitation, basketball, soccer
programs, bible studies and much more. As we totaled up the
connections we found we had over 13 connections sponsoring me to come
here to Zambia.

No comments:

Post a Comment