Monday, May 16, 2011

May 15

Today I woke up entirely refreshed with my rash entirely gone from my
arms. It was truly a mircale. I was asked last night to give the
sermon at Light of Hope's newly founded church.  The crowd was only
about 15 people, but it reminded me so much of a small church that I
attend, Manna. The people there were full of the spirit, and asked
questions. As I opened the word that morning, I could sense that this
crowd was one that seen the wonders of God.

My message that morning that God provided for me to speak on was on
Lazarus and the faith of Mary and Martha, and how important it is for
us to have faith not only in Christ's power, but that everything will
be given for his glory ultimately.

Mr. Shawa told me afterwards that my sermon would make him cry. People
keep asking me where I went to seminary, and all I can say is that I
am not a pastor, merely a messenger from God. I don't think I
necessarily woulld like to be a pastor. That is why each time I have
been asked here so far,  I have to pray about it first before saying
yes to giving a message.

In the afternoon we went to the soccer field to watch Light of Hope
play the the top team in the league. The team ended in a 1-1 draw. The
players were pleased with their importance, as they were facing the
top team in the league. It was morale booster for us.

After the game Pastor Phiri approached us to talk about having another
bible study. I  was obliged to say yes. We had a small bible study with
John Shawa, Pastor Phiri, Joseph, my host brother, and Mr. Shawa by
flashlight ( LOH had its power shut off a couple months ago,
because they couldn't pay the bills, it also is dark here in zambia by
6:00).

The message for the night was incredible and we closed in a word of
prayer. We are hoping to do this more consistently in the future in
order to make sure that LOH as well as our trip would be confided in
God and not by our own pride or our own means.

I finished the night talking and praying with a soccer coach about the
importance of faith. He was a very knowledgeable man, and knew the
bible very well. He told me he will be coming to the bible study
tomorrow.

While some of these thoughts have still yet to be fully processed,
what I do know is that Christ's provision is great, and that it is by
his grace that he is using me in this way currently in Zambia. I'm not
quite sure what the future will look like for this trip as we have
another 50 days in Zambia, but I cannot wait to see what else God has
in store for us, as we try to continue to confide in him and work in
an attitude of humbleness by his mercy and his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment